Butter Pumpkin Curry & Chickpeas with Coconut Rice
- 1 jar (500g) Ozganics Butter Chicken Style Curry Sauce
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 400g coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 pumpkin, diced into small cubes
- 400g cooked chickpeas or from a can, rinsed and drained
- Fresh lime and coriander
- Sesame seeds
- In a rice cooker, add the rice, shredded coconut and 400g of coconut milk. Use the empty can to then fill once with water and add to the rice cooker. Turn the rice cooker on and check back every 10 minutes to see how the absorption is going, if the rice looks like it needs more liquid, add another half can of water to the cooker
- In a large frying pan add the coconut oil over a medium to high temperature
- Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, Ozganics Butter Chicken Style Curry Sauce, and coconut cream and turn the heat down to a low temperature. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the cooked or canned chickpeas to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve alongside the cooked coconut rice with fresh lime, coriander and sesame seeds.